‘Under the Stars’ Prom Returns to Traditional Prom Experience

Now+is+the+time+when+students+begin+to+search+for+prom+apparel.+Many+students+shop+online+or+at+local+boutiques.+

Laure Schulders

Now is the time when students begin to search for prom apparel. Many students shop online or at local boutiques.

Bridget Nelis, Editor-in-Chief

The theme for prom this year is Under the Stars and it will be held at the Q Center on April 30. Prom will start at 6 p.m. and end at 10:45 p.m.

Only juniors and seniors are allowed to buy tickets to prom; however, underclassmen can come accompanied by a North junior or senior. Outside guests are allowed, but students will need to fill out a form due to the deans by April 8.

This year’s prom will be the same as the proms held pre-COVID pandemic.

“There will be food, dancing, we will have the first dance, crowning of the royalty and then Post Prom will be happening as is tradition at the Hub,” said Katie Dickson, Student Council adviser. The Hub, located at Christ Community Church, has games, foosball, ping pong, air hockey, video games and more.

To prepare for prom, all juniors and seniors will receive a Prom book on either March 24 or 25 in their email.

“In this Prom book will be all the information about how to buy tickets. Tickets will go on sale the week after spring break, and you’ll be able to select the table they want to sit with as well,” said Dickson.

Tickets are $75 which covers the dinner, the DJ and hosting the event at the Q Center.

Students are able to request who they sit with at dinner. However, it is only a request and not a guarantee you are with who you requested.

“Tables will be either eight or 10 people and then you’ll create your table and buy your ticket. You’ll fill out a table request form with the people you want to go with and then I’ll be going through with my Student Council to make that final table list,” said Dickson.

Prom attendees will be served a multi-course meal during the evening.

“There will be appetizers, salad, chicken for the entree and then there’s a vegetarian option,” said junior Skye Lentz, prom sub-committee chair.

Information about Post Prom will be in the Prom book. Students are allowed to go to Post Prom without attending prom.

After two years of not hosting prom due to COVID-19, Student Council is happy to be having a normal prom this year.

“We’re really excited to have prom, and we’re really excited to continue this lovely tradition at North,” said Dickson