The Student News Site of St. Charles North High School

Stargazer

Stargazer

Stargazer

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Student Body President Aya Belhandouz Rings In New School Year With Advice For Students

Aya Belhandouz
Aya Belhandouz, senior and 2023-2024 Student Body President.

Hello, my name is Aya Belhandouz and I am honored to have been elected as your Student Body President for the 2023-2024 school year. A little bit about myself is that I play Badminton at North, and I am a member of National Honors Society, Science National Honors Society, and Muslim Student Association. I also enjoy time volunteering throughout the community with organizations such as Fox Valley Food For Health. 

As we begin this school year, I am looking forward to collaborating with our Student Council and student body to have everyone provide any feedback they may have. I plan to do this through feedback forms a few times this year, which I will be highlighting in my video announcements. This is important to me because I want to ensure that every student can feel like they can share their voice. Always feel free to reach out to me or other class representatives to voice your concerns and/or feedback. Speaking of video announcements, this year the announcements will be called Hi-Ya From Aya! You can expect these about monthly in which I will sum up things happening around the school, and what your Student Council is working on. 

As we go into this school year, I want to write a little message for every class! 

Seniors, I know everyone told us it would go by fast, but here we are! Make sure to finish strong, and enjoy all the school/senior events that happen throughout the year. Don’t blink- before you know it we will be on that stage in our cap and gown! 

Juniors, this year is known for being a little harder in the classroom. So, make sure to work hard, and always ask questions whenever you need something. Still, make sure to enjoy everything outside the classroom, and enjoy being upperclassmen! 

Sophomores, you’ve made it through your first year! You are no longer the freshmen of the school, so maybe try something new this year. Whether it be joining a club, trying out for a sport, or attending more school events, sophomore year is a great time to get more involved at North! There are always people to answer your questions about how to get more involved. 

Finally, the freshmen, welcome to North!!! I hope you have had a smooth couple of weeks back, and everyone is so excited to have you in the building. Make sure to start on a good foot, ask for help when you need it in your classes, and make sure to reach out to find information about an activity you are interested in. Everyone is here to help you in any way you may need. Enjoy it, because before you know it, and everyone says this, you too will be in your last year!

I am really looking forward to working with each and every one of you this year. Please always know that you can reach out to me or any other Student Council members. I wish you all an amazing year, North Stars!